Ready in: 45 minutes
Complexity: very easy
- 6 red Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons whole grain pastry flour
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 ounces soy cheddar, shredded
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Spread, melted
Peel and core the apples, and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
Toss the filling ingredients together, and place in a 9 x 12-inch casserole dish.
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Spread the topping evenly over the apple filling, and bake on the top oven rack for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Per serving:
- Calories 321
- Protein 6 g
- Fat 15 g
- Carbohydrate 40 g
- Fiber 7 g
- Calcium 86 mg
- Sodium 169 mg