Ready in: 1 hour
Complexity: very easy
Origin: Middle Eastern
- 3 eggplant, pierced several times with a fork
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (this will reduce any bitterness)
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos (optional)
Cut the top stem off the eggplant, then cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place the eggplant and the garlic cloves on an oiled sheet pan (cut side down,) and roast approximately 45 minutes or until completely soft.
While the eggplant is roasting, combine all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Place the roasted eggplant in strainer to let them drain and cool down.
Scoop out the pulp from the eggplant and process with the other ingredients.
Adjust seasonings and refrigerate until well chilled.
It may appear to be a small quantity at first; however, the Baba Ganouche will expand as it cools.