Ready in: 45 minutes
Complexity: very easy
- 1 lb. organic carrots, peel and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 box silken tofu, 12 oz.
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews, ground coarsely
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow or white miso (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Dash of cayenne pepper
Cook or steam carrots about 15 minutes until very tender, mash and set aside.
Warm soy milk, cayenne, lemon juice and whip in the miso in the sauce pot.
Blend soy milk and tofu in a food processor until creamy, add carrots and cashews and blend until creamy, but thick. If it is too heavy try adding a little more soy milk.
Fold mixture into a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. To serve, use a large ice cream scoop for a fresh look.